•Purchased in Philadelphia around 1995. Footboard ~26" H and Headboard is ~38" H
• Used by our son until about 2008
• Condition: Very good condition with normal nicks and bumps from use and age but overall, I would say still in very good to excellent condition. Note that on the footboard on the one edge it is much darker than the other wood. Don't know if that is grain color or if we had it up against something. New owner can decide if they want to very, very lightly sand and put an oak stain on it.
• Has been stored disassembled since 2008
• Goes with just about any kids' décor
• Note: Both my boys were 6’ – 6’2” by the time they left for college and at that point the beds were too short. So, you will see that the length is 6’3” however assuming your head isn’t up against the headboard and your feet aren’t against the footboard I wouldn’t recommend for anyone taller than 5’10” - 6' maximum.
• Your decision: The price is for the bed however you can choose to take the mattress or not at no additional cost. I understand some folks are persnickety about used mattresses so your decision. Again, it has not been used in ~13 years but was always covered with a fitted sheet (included). It has been in our basement so if you decide you want it, I would air it out for a day or two in the sun. I have the 2nd mattress from the twin of this one that you are also welcome to have.
• Most of the twins you see are pine not oak so don’t be fooled. These are rock sold and heavy. To build yourself the cost of the wood would be more than the cost of this bed. David, the buyer of the twin to this one is a carpenter by profession and told me to buy the oak wood would cost ~2X what he paid for the complete bed. He had looked in furniture stores and found everything in this price range of poor quality.
For the quickest response please send me your first name, cell# and where you will be coming from so, we can work out the day and time of the exchange.
I follow Craigslist Recommendations: Deal locally, face-to-face—follow this one rule and avoid 99% of scam attempts.
•Please review all photos. I find they are more useful than the description.
• Pickup only
• Cash only
• Exact amount please
• Small bills only - $1's, $5's, $10's or $20's. No $50's or $100's.
• No 3rd Party Pickup and Store