compensation: Employee compensation depends on experience. employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Straub Collaborative is looking for a Photographic Stylist.
Photographic Stylist assists photographers by styling products, mannequins, models, footwear and laydowns for photo shoots. Stylist also prepares footwear, apparel and accessories for photo production, this includes but is not limited to steaming, hanging, cleaning and styling products. The Stylist works along side other members of the team to insure internal and client standards for quality product care and presentation are met.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for styling the subject material to meet the photography brief or style guide of the client, capture the artistic intent of the photographer, and ensure we are maintaining a fast pace within our quality standards.
• Ensures smooth and quick transition between articles being shot (model outfit changes, mannequin dressage). Consistency between shots is a measure of success.
• Maintains a consistent quality standard and remains fully engaged (attention to detail, following style standards, predictive improvement) on repetitive projects.
• Prepare product to style guide specifications. This includes steaming apparel, styling, stuffing and shaping hats and
accessories, and cleaning, lacing and styling footwear.
• Transport prepped product racks to appropriate studio sets.
• Basic warehousing: moving boxes, arranging racks.
• Maintain prep area, including cleaning and arranging tools and materials.
• De-prep product once it has been photographed. Prepare for storage and shipping.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to achieve daily a 98% and higher accuracy of style standards and not exceed the maximum time allocation per product.
• Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedules.
• Being respectful and courteous when interacting with others. A calm and collaborative demeanor is expected when working through conflict.
• This position requires a person with strong attention to details with the ability to focus on a repetitive task with consistent quality and speed.
• Ability to work both independently and within a changing team.
• Must have proficient basic math skills and ability to read, write and speak English.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to stand and work on a cement studio floor for up to a full workday.
• Repetitive use of hands and fingers (i.e. keyboarding, data entry, sample tagging, steaming).
• Must be able to see and hear in order to gather and input information; respond to face-to-face and telephone inquiries.
• Must be able to occasionally lift, push, pull, and carry materials weighing a maximum of 50lbs.
• Ability to walk throughout a warehouse floor following our internal safety guidelines.
• High school degree or equivalent education
• Experience working as a photo stylist, photographers assistant, apparel, merchandising, or styling a plus.
• Knowledge of the photographic process such as reading and interpreting style guides.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and may be changed as deemed necessary by the company.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers